Employment Policies & Practices
Commitment to workforce
dBAS+ understands the value of staff dedication by encouraging employees to strike a good work/life balance and to strive for the best of health. Monthly social activities and discounts on our services for employees and their families are part of dBAS+’s ongoing commitment to our staff. We believe it is impossible to be an effective organization without satisfied and engaged staff.
dBAS+ is committed to providing an enjoyable, satisfying and sought-after work environment. As managers and employees we must recognize and respect the diversity of backgrounds, beliefs and experiences that exist within our workforce and community. Our human resources polices and practices promote equal employment opportunities which do not discriminate against:
- sexual orientation
- marital status
This policy of equal treatment applies, but is not limited to:
To achieve this dBAS+:
- communicates its Equal Employment Opportunity policies and procedures to employees
- treats all employees and potential employees fairly and with respect, regardless of their background, beliefs or ethnic status
- does not tolerate any form of sexual, sex-based or racial harassment in the workplace
- keeps our employment practices relevant to the changing needs of our employees
- responds swiftly, seriously and sympathetically to complaints of harassment and/or discrimination and treats all matters in confidence.
OHS & Equal Opportunity
dBAS+ is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, customers, visitors and the community. We strive to provide a family-friendly environment with flexible options for staff that will benefit the business. Full details of our OH&S Policy are available here.
Human rights and labor policy
Human rights are the standards of treatment to which all people are entitled. The most widely recognized definition is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the United Nations in 1948. Although human rights are principally the responsibility of national governments, this has become an increasingly important issue for business.
We are committed to respect our employees’ human rights. Managers are responsible for ensuring adherence to our global personnel policies and guidelines. dBASPlus’ Code of Conduct requires the protection of human rights by our suppliers. We will abide by our policies or local law, whichever sets higher standards.
dBAS+supports and respects the protection of international human rights within the sphere of our influence, and ensures that we are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Freely-chosen employment. Ensure no forced, bonded or involuntary prison labor is used in the production of dBASPlus products or services. Ensure that the overall terms of employment are voluntary.
- No child labour. Comply with local minimum age laws and requirements and do not employ child labor.
- Minimum wages. Compensate our workers with wages and benefits that meet or exceed the legally required minimum.
- Working hours. Do not require workers to work more than the maximum hours of daily labor set by local laws. Comply with overtime pay requirements
- No discrimination. Prohibit discrimination based on race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion, disability, union membership or political affiliation
- No harsh or inhumane treatment. Prohibit physical abuse, harassment or the threat of either.
- Freedom of association. Respect the rights of workers to organize in labor unions in accordance with local laws and established practice.